Open position Permanent
About the role
We’re searching for a Research Manager to join us at a pivotal moment of growth.
A key part of our product vision is to elevate the use of data within our product offerings. We also want to expand our insights work, providing more organisations with real-time data on how their people are, and how effectively their working environment supports mental health and performance. We want to use data to empower people to learn about their minds, and to track their progress as they build new psychological skills.
As Research Manager, you’ll be responsible for collecting and analysing data, sharing findings with clients and advising them on cutting-edge psychological solutions. You’ll also lead the charge in enhancing the use of data in our current products, via our app and online platform. This is an exciting and high growth opportunity for the right person.
1| Provide high value insight for our clients (60%)
At Positive, we produce reports (Positive Insights) for our corporate and education clients to help them keep check on the mental health and resilience of their people, and to monitor changes over time. We show our clients how effectively their culture supports the mental health and performance of their people, and help them to focus their resources. You will:
- Develop and customise surveys for corporate and education clients
- Conduct the relevant statistical analyses required to interpret the data
- Write up findings into high value reports using our latest templates
- Present the findings and recommended next steps to c-suite client teams
2| Enhance the use of data in our current products (30%)
We offer three different solutions to build psychological skills in our clients. Our ambition is to integrate measurement and data in all we do, offering real-time, actionable insight to leaders and teams across the globe. You will work with our in-house psychologists to:
- Establish what data we collect and how
- Experiment with how data can be used to promote behaviour change
- Leverage data to inform ongoing product development within Positive
3| Conduct active research to inform the debate on mental health and wellbeing in businesses and schools (10%)
We provide cutting-edge insight around mental health to inform positive action in organisations. You will:
- Work with the team to stay ahead of current issues around mental health, psychological science, and psychology within the workplace
- Design and conduct active research on key topics of interest
- Produce insightful reports with best practice and clear recommendations
- Support content for blogs and articles for external marketing purposes
- PhD or Masters, ideally in mental health, psychology or organisational psychology (or at a minimum in public health, the sciences)
- Strong background in research and statistics, particularly quantitative methods (e.g., structural equation modelling, regression)
- Experienced in software packages linked to statistical methods (Stata, R)
- Proficient in MS Excel and PowerPoint
Great to have:
- Experience or interest in data management / data science
- Publication history, and experience in teaching or talking at conferences
- Consulting experience
- Experience in tech-based start-up with app or online data
- Keen interest in mental health, positive psychology, behavioural science and organisational culture
- Committed to the real-world application of research
- Clear written and spoken communicator, with the ability to communicate complex concepts, clearly and simply
- Confident at presenting in front of senior clients and large audiences
- Capable of conducting independent research with minimal specialist input
- Strong attention to detail
Important things to know
- Start date: from mid-late Jan 2022
- Flexible working
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Beautiful office in Borough, London:
- free on-site gym
Positive empowers leaders and their teams with the psychological skills to adapt and thrive.
Psychological skills bring the mind into focus. They help people understand their brains and proactively improve their mental health and performance – for themselves and others, for the long term. We work with organisations across sectors, including corporates and schools.
How we work:
- We’re future-focused, building skills that help people to be resilient in the face of challenge, adapt to change and seize opportunity
- We use cutting-edge science, translating research from psychology and neuroscience into practical insights and tools
- We start with leaders, empowering them to lead by example and promote the same transformational skills in their teams
- We change behaviour, encouraging people to behave as scientists, experimenting as they go
- We’re data-driven, using data to build people’s motivation, focus their efforts, and help them to track their progress
We have a fun, supportive and hard-working culture. We’re passionate about our mission and proud of the team environment we’ve created. Our two most important phrases are: ‘together we can’ and ‘enjoy the journey’. We make sure that work is fun and meaningful. We take huge care in who we hire. If you’re passionate, talented and kind, you’ll fit right in.
At Positive, we wholeheartedly believe that everyone deserves to be heard, respected and valued. Diversity and inclusion are foundational to what we do, and we’re committed to creating a culture where everybody can thrive. Whatever your background and however you identify, we welcome you to apply to Positive.
To apply for this role, please fill in the form, making sure to include a CV and cover letter. Applications will close Friday 10th December. If you have any questions about the position, please get in touch.