On this page you’ll find answers to some of the questions we’re most frequently asked. If you can’t find the information you’re looking for, please contact us and we’ll get back to you as soon as we can.
as well as suicidal ideation:
Samaritans free on 116 123 (UK and Ireland) – 24 hours
YoungMinds Crisis Messenger text YM to 85258 – Texts are free from some service providers
The following FAQs aim to give you information on how Positive collects and processes data given through the Positive App, the Positive Online platform and our surveys.
At Positive our fundamental goal is to enable you to improve your psychological wellbeing. The Positive App and Positive Online platforms are tools we provide to support you and your learning around our programmes. They offer a way of implementing lessons from neuroscience and psychology into everyday life. Where they also collect data, we are interested in identifying broad trends in what impacts psychological wellbeing, both in your organisation, and more widely. We are not seeking to collect data about you as an individual.
- Identity Data – your first name, last name, gender, age.
- Contact Data – your email address, phone number.
- Wellbeing Data – data relating to your wellbeing, moodstates and experiences.
- Transaction Data – details about payments made through PayPal from your PayPal account and other details about the products and services you have purchased from us and named points of contacts on invoices.
- Technical Data – your internet protocol (IP) address, your login data, browser type and version, time zone setting and location.
- Profile Data – your username and password, purchases or orders made by you, feedback and survey responses.
- Usage Data – information about how you use our website, app products and services.
- Marketing and Communications Data – your preferences in receiving marketing from us and your communication preferences.
We also collect, use and share Aggregated Data such as statistical or demographic data. Aggregated Data may be derived from your personal data but is not considered personal data in law, as this data does not directly or indirectly reveal your identity. For example, we may aggregate your Usage Data to calculate the percentage of users accessing a specific app feature.
Where we plan to process your Wellbeing Data, we will always ask for your explicit consent to such processing. You have the right to withdraw consent to the processing of this data at any time by Contacting us.
We may also process data in order to manage our relationship with you, for example to ask you to complete a survey, or update you on changes to our policies.
Aggregated Data may analysed and used to provide your organisation with feedback on how the App and Website are being used, together with any insights which can be drawn from this use. Our insights reports will never include data which could identify you.
Access to your personal information is limited to Positive staff who have a legitimate need to see it for the purpose of carrying out their job.
The information we process may be held on Positive’s software systems, some of which may be owned and operated by third parties. Where we engage with such third parties, we insist upon strict contractual requirements that must be adhered to by them to protect the personal data. This is entirely standard and in full compliance with data protection regulations.
In addition, we limit access to your personal data to those employees, sub-processors and other third parties who have a business need to know. They will only process your personal data on our instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected personal data breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach.
In some circumstances you can ask us to delete your data: see your rights below for further information.
In some circumstances we may anonymise your personal data (so that it can no longer be associated with you) for research or analysis purposes in which case we may use this information indefinitely without further notice to you.
- Request access to your personal data.
- Request correction of your personal data.
- Request erasure of your personal data.
- Object to processing of your personal data.
- Request restriction of processing your personal data.
- Request transfer of your personal data.
- Withdraw consent.
Positive Health Strategies Limited
125–130 Temple Chambers
3–7 Temple Avenue
+44(0) 207 936 3454
You have the right to make a complaint at any time to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO), the UK supervisory authority for data protection issues. We would, however, appreciate the chance to deal with your concerns before you approach the ICO so please contact us in the first instance.